Team Leader - Marketing and Communications
Our Guide and Assistance dogs change lives. It is the independence and freedom offered by these dogs to our clients that keeps us going. We have a long and proud history of providing services for people with disabilities, enabling them to do the things they love and live the life they want. We have two key areas that we specialise in, services for people with no or low vision, and children across the whole broad spectrum of disabilities. Today, we have over 160 staff and over 300 volunteers connecting, inspiring and supporting adults, children and families across Western Australia and Tasmania. Our family of brands encompasses Guide Dogs WA, Guide Dogs Tasmania, Kites Children’s Therapy, Perron Place and our vision only brand VisAbility.
We are on the look-out for like-minded individuals who are who are driven to experience joy and impact through their work. Our team is growing and an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to lead the engagement and development of our two brands, Guide Dogs WA and Guide Dogs Tasmania.
This role is a permanent part-time position, 22.50 hours per week. Days of work negotiable.
In this role you will manage the engagement, marketing and brand strategy for these iconic and trusted brands. This will involve coordinating a range of high-quality outputs including content creation, marketing campaigns, media relations, graphic design, digital marketing and social media management.
Working closely with the Engagement and Development Manager, you will develop and implement marketing strategies and communications plans to promote and raise awareness to the life changing difference our Guide and Assistance dogs provide to local Australian's.
If you enjoy variety in your work, where no day is the same, then this is the role for you! Please download the Job Description here to find out more. For employment conditions and salary information click here to view our Enterprise Agreement.
What is unique about you?
You are a high performer with a commitment to purpose. You possess courage to pursue your areas of passion you understand the value of giving and the power of a story to change perspectives.
We are values led, and for us, attitude is everything.
To be considered you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, public relations, journalism or a related communications field;
- 5 years minimum marketing, communications, media or public relations experience. Experience working across various forms of publications;
- Previous experience in fundraising marketing;
- Strong digital strategy skills;
- Proven ability in developing and implementing successful marketing strategies leading to improved operational outcomes;
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a team and deliver results through leadership.
We encourage people with disability and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply. Everyone is welcome, as Guide Dogs WA is an inclusive and diverse workplace.
What's in it for you?
If you enjoy variety in your work, where no day is the same, then this is the role for you! We have a number of professionals with expertise in their field, learn or expand on your knowledge in these specialised areas.
When you join our team, it's an opportunity to pursue your passions. To make a difference. To be challenged, but also inspired and motivated by the life-changing work we do together.
We also offer:
- Generous salary packaging arrangements which allow you to boost your income by taking the cost of various everyday living expenses and mortgage repayments from your earnings before tax is calculated;
- Flexible working arrangements to allow you to achieve work-life integration;
- Training and growth opportunities fostered through regular staff development meetings to provide you the support and training you need to achieve your professional goals;
- An Employee Assistance Program which offers external counselling and support service to employees and immediate family members;
- Free on-site parking and close to public transport;
- Free use of on-site gym and access to affordable fitness classes run onsite;
- Subsidized annual flu shots;
- Dogs in the office everyday!
How To Apply
Guide Dogs WA and Tasmania are owned and operated by VisAbility Limited.
VisAbility Limited assesses all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, VisAbility reserves the right to close this recruitment process prior to the advertised date. If you are interested in this position:
- Download and read the Job Description.
- Complete the qualifying questions contained in the application, then click Apply
- Attach a resume and cover letter. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
Important notes should you progress in the recruitment process:
- Should you progress from interview, you will need to provide a minimum of 2 reference and these must be direct supervisors;
- If you are the successful candidate for this position, you will be required to provide a National Police Clearance dated within 6 months prior to your first day.
- If you have lived overseas, a Police Clearance from the relevant jurisdiction(s) may be required as well as a statutory deceleration signed for the international jurisdiction.
Questions before you proceed?
Email email@example.com or call (08) 9311 8202 and ask to speak to Lisa Torre.
5:00 PM (WST) 29 January 2021 or as soon as the right person applies!