VisAbility employs professionals in diverse roles and we are always on the lookout for like-minded individuals to build great teams and do great work.
VisAbility has provided innovative, life-changing services to people living with disabilities for more than 100 years. Our professional therapy, specialist and dog services assist people across a range of ages and disabilities in their homes, at school, at work and in the community. We work to give everyone living with vision loss the support and confidence they need to thrive.
This position has a key role in supporting clients who are blind or vision impaired across their lifespan. We work with all major funding bodies to provide individualised services according to client’s needs.
We are seeking experienced Occupational Therapists to be part of our small close-knit team in Tasmania. We have positions available in both of our offices located in Hobart and Launceston. Travel is a requirement of the role as we service clients across Tasmania.
We are seeking to fill this role very flexibly on either a part or full time basis for the successful candidate. An attractive remuneration package and flexible working arrangements are provided.
- Conducting functional and clinical assessments
- Prescription and recommendation of specialised assistive technology or aids
- Development of intervention plans and strategies
- Provision of recommendations and support to enhance activities of daily living
- Education and Training for external organisations in our areas of expertise
For the full duties and responsibilities of this role, you can download the job description here.
Please note: this is a fixed-term 12-month contract, with the possibility to extend. To view our Enterprise Agreement for employment terms and salary information click here.
What is unique about you
You are a high performer with a commitment to purpose. You possess courage to pursue your areas of passion and expertise and are not afraid to actively contribute to a workplace of openness, adaptability and care. You understand the value of giving and the power of a story to change perspectives.
We are values led, and for us, attitude is everything.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- A Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy and current registration with AHPRA;
- Experience in assessing and evaluating functional needs of clients
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills as this role requires you to work within an interdisciplinary team, external organisations and a varied client base;
- Demonstrated ability to write comprehensive, concise and accurate reports for client recommendations;
- To be highly autonomous and confident in making decisions relating to client recommendations and assessments;
- Demonstrated experience in implementing person centred interventions.
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience in or be willing to learn the following:
- Funding schemes (i.e. National Disability Insurance Scheme, My Aged Care etc.);
- Previous experience working within a Fee for Service model;
- Previous experience in Vision or Acquired Brain Injury.
We encourage people with disability and of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply. Everyone is welcome, as we are an inclusive and diverse workplace.
What's in it for you?
If you enjoy variety in your work, where no day is the same, then this is the role for you! Feel rewarded by purpose in your work as you help people living with disability to gain independence. Be challenged by the work you do in this dynamic and changing environment. Be a part of an award winning organisation that sees its staff as the brand.
We also offer:
- Generous salary packaging arrangements which allow you to boost your income by taking the cost of various everyday living expenses and mortgage repayments from your earnings before tax is calculated;
- Flexible working arrangements to allow you to achieve work-life integration;
- Training and growth opportunities fostered through regular staff development meetings to provide you the support and training you need to achieve your professional goals;
- An Employee Assistance Program which offers external counselling and support service to employees and immediate family members;
- Assistance with relocation costs and expenses;
- Company phone provided and home-garaged vehicle.
How To Apply
VisAbility assesses all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, VisAbility reserves the right to close this recruitment process prior to the advertised date. If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the qualifying questions contained in the application, then click Apply
- Attach a resume and cover letter addressing the essential criteria above. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
Important notes should you progress in the recruitment process:
- We use automated reference checking software, should you progress from the interview stage, you will need to provide a minimum of two references.
- If you are the successful candidate for this position, you will be required to provide a current National Police Clearance (dated within six months) prior to commencing employment.
- If you are an Australian Resident and have resided overseas, a Police Clearance from the relevant jurisdiction(s) will also be required that covers periods of residence of over 12 months duration within the last ten (10) years.
- If you are a resident of another country, you will be required to provide an overseas (international) Police Clearance from your country of origin and from any other country in which you have lived for one (1) year or more in the last ten (10) years.
Questions before you proceed?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 6232 1222 and ask to speak with Vaughn Bennison, Program Manager Tasmania.
Applications close or as soon as the right person applies!