Guide Dog Mobility Instructor - Guide Dogs WA
Guide Dogs WA is the only Western Australian based provider of Guide Dog training services in the community. Guide Dogs WA provides life changing Guide Dogs, Autism Assistance Dogs and Therapy Dogs for a school, hospital or therapy setting. We have been supporting Western Australian's on their journey for 100 years.
Guide Dogs enable extraordinary transformation in the lives of West Australian's living with disability. It is the independence and pure joy offered by these dogs to our clients that keeps us going.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Guide Dog Mobility Instructor to be a part of our small close-knit team on a full-time basis. This position is responsible to provide professional guide dog mobility services to clients with vision loss to enable them to travel independently, safely and efficiently. The role involves assessing, training and matching dogs to eligible clients and conducting client training programs to develop effective working units.
This position may also provide services on the assistance dog and facility dog programs.
Download the full job description click here
To view employment terms and salary information click here to view our Enterprise Agreement. Salary range is between $67,754 - $89,882 (exclusive of superannuation).
What is Unique About You?
You are a high performer with a commitment to purpose. You possess courage to pursue your areas of passion and expertise and are not afraid to actively contribute to a workplace of openness, adaptability and care. You understand the value of giving and the power of a story to change perspectives.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant Guide Dog Instructor qualification through an IGDF Member School;
- To be an Australian Resident or eligible to work in Australia;
- Up-to-date knowledge of Guide Dog Mobility theory and practices, and knowledge of community resources relevant to people with vision impairment
- A current valid driver’s license.
*Please note: to apply for a working visa you will need a minimum of two years experience post qualification.
What's in it for You?
We believe that trust is more powerful than control. Here you get to work for an organisation that has trust in you and gives you the freedom and support you need, to take responsibility to achieve your goals.
We also offer:
- Generous salary packaging arrangements which allow you to boost your income by taking the cost of various everyday living expenses and mortgage repayments from your earnings before tax is calculated;
- A company phone, laptop and vehicle;
- Flexible working arrangements to allow you to achieve work-life integration;
- Training and growth opportunities fostered through regular staff development meetings to provide you the support and training you need to achieve your professional goals;
- An Employee Assistance Program which offers external counselling and support service to employees and immediate family members;
- Onsite gym and shower facilities are available to staff free of cost;
- Free onsite parking and close to public transport.
How To Apply
Guide Dogs WA is owned and operated by VisAbility Limited. We assess all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, VisAbility reserves the right to close this recruitment process prior to the advertised date. If you are interested in this position:
- Download and read the Job Description.
- Complete the qualifying questions contained in the application, then click Apply
- Attach a resume and cover letter.
Important notes should you progress in the recruitment process:
- We use automated reference checking software, should you progress from the interview stage, you will need provide a minimum of two references.
- If you are the successful candidate for this position, you will be required to provide a current National Police Clearance (dated within six months) prior to commencing employment.
- If you are an Australian Resident and have resided overseas, a Police Clearance from the relevant jurisdiction(s) will also be required that covers periods of residence of over 12 months duration within the last ten (10) years.
- If you are a resident of another country, you will be required to provide an overseas (international) Police Clearance from your country of origin and from any other country in which you have lived for one (1) year or more in the last ten (10) years.
Questions before you proceed?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 9311 8202 and ask to speak with Anna Presser, Manager Guide Dog Services WA & TAS.
Applications close as soon as the right person applies!
Office closure dates during the festive season:
Our offices will be closed from 12:00 PM 24 December 2020 and reopening on 4 January 2021. For all enquiries during this time please send us an email and we will respond upon our return.