Guide Dog Mobility Instructor - Guide Dogs WA
Guide Dogs WA is the only Western Australian based provider of Guide Dog training services in the community. The beautiful dogs in our program do so much more than help people who are vision impaired to navigate the world around them. They do more than settle and calm a child living with autism, or someone struggling with trauma or illness.
They give the gift of independence and confidence to their handlers. They bring joy and companionship, hope and opportunity, not only to the people whose lives they are changing, but also to their families. Check out Tegan and Louis's story here, our youngest ever Guide Dog partnership!
We are working to meet the growing local demand for not only Guide Dogs, but also Autism Assistance Dogs, Therapy Dogs, Dementia Dogs, Court Dogs, and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) Dogs who we know, make life- changing differences to those in our local communities living with low vision, disability and illness.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Guide Dog Mobility Instructor to be a part of our small close-knit team on a full-time basis. This position is responsible to provide professional guide dog mobility services to clients with vision loss to enable them to travel independently, safely and efficiently. The role involves assessing, training and matching dogs to eligible clients and conducting client training programs to develop effective working units.
This position may also provide services on the assistance dog and facility dog programs.
Download the full job description click here
To view employment terms and salary information click here to view our Enterprise Agreement. Salary range is between $67,754 - $89,882 (exclusive of superannuation).
What is Unique About You?
You are a high performer with a commitment to purpose. You possess courage to pursue your areas of passion and expertise and are not afraid to actively contribute to a workplace of openness, adaptability and care. You understand the value of giving and the power of a story to change perspectives.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant Guide Dog Instructor qualification through an IGDF Member School;
- To be an Australian Resident or eligible to work in Australia;
- Up-to-date knowledge of Guide Dog Mobility theory and practices, and knowledge of community resources relevant to people with vision impairment
- A current valid driver’s license.
*Please note: to apply for a working visa you will need a minimum of two years experience post qualification.
What's in it for You?
If you enjoy variety in your work, where no day is the same, then this is the role for you! Feel rewarded by purpose in your work as you help people living with disability and developmental delay to achieve independence and inclusion. Be challenged by the work you do in this dynamic and changing environment. We have a number of professionals in diverse roles with expertise in their field. Learn and expand your knowledge in this specalised area. You will also benefit from:
- Generous Salary Packaging arrangements, calculate your potential income here - https://www.cbb.com.au/salary-packaging-calculator/ .
- Work within a friendly and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
- Flexible working arrangements - work from home options and flexible start and finish times.
- Access to Training and Professional Development opportunities.
- 3 additional days of paid leave as a gift to you over the Christmas / New Year period.
- Free use of our onsite gym and discounts to fitness programs (find out more about our programs here - https://www.perronplace.org.au/whats-on/fitness-classes/.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering external counselling and support services to you and your family.
- Free on-site parking and close to public transport (across the road from Victoria Park Train Station).
- Subsidised annual flu shots.
- Dogs in the office everyday!
How To Apply
Guide Dogs WA is owned and operated by VisAbility Limited. We assess all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, VisAbility reserves the right to close this recruitment process prior to the advertised date. If you are interested in this position:
- Download and read the Job Description.
- Complete the qualifying questions contained in the application, then click Apply
- Attach a resume and cover letter.
Questions before you proceed?
Email email@example.com or call 08 9311 8202 and ask to speak with Anna Presser, Manager Guide Dog Services WA & TAS.
Applications close as soon as the right person applies!