Program Manager - Guide Dogs WA
Guide Dogs WA is the only Western Australian based provider of Guide Dog training services in the community. Guide Dogs WA provides life changing Guide Dogs, Autism Assistance Dogs and Therapy Dogs for a school, hospital or therapy setting. We have been supporting Western Australian's on their journey for 100 years.
Guide Dogs enable extraordinary transformation in the lives of West Australian's living with disability. It is the independence and pure joy offered by these dogs to our clients that keeps us going.
In this full-time role, The Program Manager provides technical leadership, development and management across Guide Dog Services WA.
The key focus comprises; delivery, development and evaluation of Guide and Assistance Dog Services, implementation of a Functional Business Plan ensuring a focused strategy on program structure, consolidation, expenditure, program development, KPI’s, evolution and growth. Employee management and development, monitoring program and staff KPI’s, development of effective operational systems; and promoting interconnectedness and strong collaboration between departments and programs are integral to this role.
This position is responsible for providing the day to day management of the guide dog services department in WA, along with technical expertise and training to staff.
Download the full job description click here
To view employment terms and salary information click here to view our Enterprise Agreement. Salary range is between $93,663 - $96,769 per annum (exclusive of superannuation).
What is Unique About You?
You believe that your role as a leader is pivotal in developing and maintaining trust in a team. You thrive on leading in a culture of trust and self management. You are authentic, confident and decisive balanced with an empathetic and approachable demeanor. You have proven success in motivating people to achieve their goals.
You are a high performer with a commitment to purpose. Your personal brand is very important to you. Like us, you believe in being values led and that attitude is everything!
If this sounds like you and you, then we want to hear from you!
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant Guide Dog Instructor qualification through an IGDF Member School;
- To be an Australian Resident or eligible to work in Australia;
- Up-to-date knowledge of Guide Dog Mobility theory and practices, and knowledge of community resources relevant to people with vision impairment;
- Proven team management, coaching and mentoring skills;
- A current valid driver’s licence.
*Please note: to apply for a working visa you will need a minimum of two years experience post qualification.
What's in it for You?
We believe that trust is more powerful than control. Here you get to work for an organisation that has trust in you and gives you the freedom and support you need, to take responsibility to achieve your goals.
We also offer:
- Generous salary packaging arrangements which allow you to boost your income by taking the cost of various everyday living expenses and mortgage repayments from your earnings before tax is calculated;
- A company phone, laptop and vehicle;
- Flexible working arrangements to allow you to achieve work-life integration;
- Training and growth opportunities fostered through regular staff development meetings to provide you the support and training you need to achieve your professional goals;
- An Employee Assistance Program which offers external counselling and support service to employees and immediate family members;
- Onsite gym and shower facilities are available to staff free of cost;
- Free onsite parking and close to public transport.
How To Apply
Guide Dogs WA is owned and operated by VisAbility Limited. We assess all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, VisAbility reserves the right to close this recruitment process prior to the advertised date. If you are interested in this position:
- Download and read the Job Description.
- Complete the qualifying questions contained in the application, then click Apply
- Attach a resume and cover letter.
Important notes should you progress in the recruitment process:
- We use automated reference checking software, should you progress from the interview stage, you will need provide a minimum of two references.
- If you are the successful candidate for this position, you will be required to provide a current National Police Clearance (dated within six months) prior to commencing employment.
- If you are an Australian Resident and have resided overseas, a Police Clearance from the relevant jurisdiction(s) will also be required that covers periods of residence of over 12 months duration within the last ten (10) years.
- If you are a resident of another country, you will be required to provide an overseas (international) Police Clearance from your country of origin and from any other country in which you have lived for one (1) year or more in the last ten (10) years.
Questions before you proceed?
Email email@example.com or call 08 9311 8202 and ask to speak with Anna Presser, Manager Guide Dog Services WA & TAS.
Applications close as soon as the right person applies!
Office closure dates during the festive season:
Our offices will be closed from 12:00 PM 24 December 2020 and reopening on 4 January 2021. For all enquiries during this time please send us an email and we will respond upon our return.